What are the learning outcomes?
- Obtain an overview of all key components of mediation and conflict resolution.
- Know the legislation, policies, & procedures relevant in mediation.
- Learn key skills from highly experienced mediators on allowing for effective management of conflict.
- Receive practical advice on the process of mediation and how to devise resolutions that are beneficial and agreeable to all parties
- Learn about the process you need to know in depth when mediating disputes
- Find out about the latest developments in mediation
- Discover how to analyse issues and make best use of your mediation skills
Who should attend?
Applications are invited at all stages of their career and organisation, as well as those thinking of starting out in mediation or who are interested in acquiring the specialised skills of mediation and incorporating them into their work. This course has been particularly favourited by HR Managers, Supervisors, Legal & HR Advisers, public service groups, volunteer based groups, and more. In line with theories of adult learning, trainees will be encouraged to relate their acquired knowledge to experiential situations.
Where and When? :
The dates for Autumn 2020 are:
Cork 2020: 3 Block Sessions Optional Assessment with the MII
- Block 1: 30th Sept & 1st Oct 16th & 17th December 2020
- Block 2: 21st & 22nd Oct
- Block 3: 10th & 11th Nov
- Block 4: 25th Nov
This training is also available as blended learning with parts undertaken online.
Participants are assessed in a number of ways. They are assessed during the training days on understanding, participation and evidence through role play of acquired skills. In addition, trainees are required to engage in a continuous self-observation and self-evaluation by recording this through a Journal of Learning and to complete a Conflict Assignment (2500 words). This assignment is evaluated by the trainers and is used to assess participants’ integration of skills and knowledge throughout the training.
To become a certified mediator with the Mediators Institute of Ireland, participants must go forward for certification. This certification is a videoed assessment where the participant demonstrates the core mediation skills through role-play of a simulated workplace conflict.
For those who wish to be assessed for MII certification, this will occur 16th & 17th December 2020.
Those who wish to become certified family mediators with MII are required to undertake additional specialised training.
- Cork 2020: Early Bird (Closing 11th September 2020): €1850. Full Rate: €2000
Payment schedule can be set up to facilitate payment over an agreed period of time. Administration fee of €200 will incur.
The fee for assessment to become a certified mediator with the Mediators Institute of Ireland is €300.00